We provide custom clearance support for your shipments to Turkey. You send us required data and documents according to Turkish regulations. When we receive all necessary information and documents, our custom brokers deal with regulatory affairs about the import of investigational drugs and clinical trial materials to Turkey.
Based on your instructions, we manage imports of investigational drugs/materials into the warehouse in 1 or 2 days following the delivery day from the warehouse to investigator sites within the country.
By using our local support services and our depot for in-country product distribution, you can significantly shorten times, limit customs delays, and reduce overall transport costs.
All shipments crossing international borders must be cleared through Customs. It is the sender’s responsibility to provide the necessary and correct documentation.
In some cases, some investigators can assume all customs affairs and deliver us supplies only for our warehousing and distribution services.
Clearance Information for Turkey Customs
- All temporary imports must be cleared from customs on BSO charges status.
- Shipments from Europe require ATR-1
- In transit shipments coming to Seaports are subject to duty/tax and customs clearance can only be done from consignee or from a selected broker.
- Any shipment (valued more than 150 EUR) require formal entry with custom Consignee must appoint a broker (external or FedEx/GSP) for clearance by providing authorization letter/power of attorney, additional charges apply (ordino fee, brokerage fee, storage fee, stamp fee, D&T) and expect clearance delays.
- A Certificate of Origin is required for all shipments originating in Tunisia, Jordan, Australia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Hong Kong and China.
- Any shipment that has not cleared after 20 days will be confiscated by local customs. It is important for the consignee to assist if needed to avoid loss of goods. Shipments that passed the 20 days regulations can be cleared additional 30 days period with paying 1% penalty of the customs value of the shipment.
- Proforma Invoices are not accepted.
- Dutiable shipments require original invoice signed and numbered.
- Shipments requiring clearance at points other than Istanbul or where inbound transfer is required are subject to additional charges except for the cities Ankara and Izmir.
- Medical equipment and their spare parts are subject to CE markings and if coming from EU Countries, ATR-1 documents are required.
- If you are shipping dutiable goods, the original invoice needs to be attached outside the box. A copy of the invoice will delay the shipments in Customs.